Saturday 21 August 2021

Shakedown test drive

 Test drive during covid 19 lockdown 6.0 in Melbourne

After completing the spring install yesterday and the coil replacement last week. I had a need to go to Autobarn for a new thermostat, so took the Mustang for a spin the looong way all within my 5km radius of home.

Unfortunately, Autobarn dont stock the high flow 180deg F thermostat I was after. So will have to wait for next week to order and get the parts needed for the job. On the way home I look a scenic route and took a few pictures. The car is running a normal temperature of about 80deg c (176deg f). The temp outside is 18 deg and I have the larger 3 core radiator installed. While the thermostat seems to be doing the job correctly, I feel the need to replace it and the slightly rusty housing so limit issues down the road. 

Here are a few pics of the old girl out and about.






So not many jobs to do this weekend.. Just enjoy..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Engine flooding / running rich issue.

Engine flooding / running rich issue. I have been chasing an intermitant issue with my Motorcraft 4300 (square bore) for a few months now. I...