Saturday 21 August 2021

New front springs

 On the level.

I have been thinking about trying to level out the front of the Mustang as it looks like it sags in the bum a bit.

I ordered some new King springs from my local Autobarn. I was going to install some "low"pedders springs but they were out of stock so opted for some "low" King springs. King springs sell a standard, low and super low. I opted for the low's (KFFL-02) with the vide to take about 25mm or more out of the front.


It took me about an hour per side being super careful with my external spring compressors.

Once I have completed the left, the right was simpler as I knew what worked and what did not.

As the springs come supplied with a left and a right, I swapped them around and put the right in the left side of the car etc as the car is still left hand drive and they usually compensate for the driver.. 

Here is one of the original front springs.


The new ones are easier to install as they are slightly shorter (but stiffer). I was able to compress them while they were on the ground with an impact gun and socket rather than a spanner in place in the car.

Here is a pic of the car with the original springs

Here is one with the new springs.

The changes are subtle but the front it lower. The space from the ground to the wheel arch is about the same now.

Next task is to replace the engine thermostat and thermostat housing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Engine flooding / running rich issue.

Engine flooding / running rich issue. I have been chasing an intermitant issue with my Motorcraft 4300 (square bore) for a few months now. I...