Tuesday 10 August 2021

Roadworthy

 Last few steps to getting registered.

Today I completed another milestone in the process to get the Mustang registered.

The roadworthy tester that I used to do the pre check is in Riddells Creek. Melbourne is in Covid lockdown v6.0. Riddells Creek was released from lockdown yesterday. As car mechanics are classified as essential, I could still get the roadworthy completed, but technically, as part of lockdown, I can only travel 5km and Riddells Creek is 20km away. The key issue is that my unregistered permit for the car to complete tasks to get the car ready for registration ends on the 18th of August (in 8 days). With this in mind, I decided to take the car to Riddells Creek and just drop it off for the roadworthy. Fortunately, the bike fits in the back of the car on the fold down rear seat, so the plan was to ride home from Riddells Creek via Gisborne to ensure a safe route.

So I dropped the car off, pulled the bike from the back and set off..



About 3 hours later they called and advised that the roadworthy was completed.

A short drive to Riddells Creek, I picked up the car and headed home without issue.

Next step is to go to Melton to see the Club registration person to sing some club permit documents and then off to VicRoads for registration. Fortunately, I can still go to VicRoads during lockdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Engine flooding / running rich issue.

Engine flooding / running rich issue. I have been chasing an intermitant issue with my Motorcraft 4300 (square bore) for a few months now. I...