Wednesday 11 August 2021

Registration

 Happy registration day

Today was the last step in the registration process.

I took the car to Melton to visit the Mustang Club of Australia wester suburbs club permit guy.

As part of the process, the club needs to see the car, I need to sign the club permit agreement document and the club complete parts of the registration documents confirming that the car is eligible.

Once this task was complete I returned home and chased up the final piece of the puzzle being the VASS document that VicRoads needed for the registration.

The car has a VASS sticker attached to the B pillar.

I then trundled down to VicRoads here in Sunbury and submitted the paper work.

The paper work included:

  • VASS document
  • Club permit document
  • Vehicle eligibility document
  • Proof of ownership
  • Drivers licence
  • Australian import document to show the car was imported

Once all these were copied at VicRoads they issued the club permit plates and logbook and VicRoads were paid $194.10 for the privilege.

The deal with the log book is that I can use the car 90 days in a given calendar year. So just short of twice a week. The book needs to be filled in each time the car is driven to be legal and fines can be issued if the book is not completed.

Here is a quick pic of the car with the plates installed. Now I just need to wait for Covid lockdown 6.0 to finish. Then we can go cruising.


Happy days...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Engine flooding / running rich issue.

Engine flooding / running rich issue. I have been chasing an intermitant issue with my Motorcraft 4300 (square bore) for a few months now. I...