Friday 30 December 2022

Heater box and decals

 Where is that water coming from!

While out on a local drive in the Mustang I visited Russel Coulson to check in on the progress of the Eleonor build. Once the visit / inspection was complete, I returned to the Mustang that was in the drive to find water dripping from the right hand side of the car around the firewall area. Upon inspection, I found that the water had glycol in it and then found that the right hand side carpet was wet. Looking a bit deeper I determined that the heater core had failed.

I then sourced a new heater core from Just Mustangs and set about removing the heater box, disassembling to clean it out and installed the new heater core.


Here is the heater box disassembled.
I then washed out the sodden underlay / sound deadening and reinstalled.

Job done!

I then decided that I needed something to break up the solid gold of the bonnet so ordered and installed some 351 RAM AIR decals.

Although the car does not have the Ram air function, the decals look cool.






My next job is to remove the front stone tray and paint strip, repair and reinstall.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Engine flooding / running rich issue.

Engine flooding / running rich issue. I have been chasing an intermitant issue with my Motorcraft 4300 (square bore) for a few months now. I...