Saturday 2 October 2021

Front spoiler install

 Time for a new chin

One of the changes I had always planned on doing was to add a front chin spoiler to the car. This, I think sets off the front of the car. They are available as reproduction items and it a lot of cases were originally installed by the dealer. So I thought, why not..

Here is the car before.


Here is the spoiler before I installed it.


I found that there were 2 pilot holes already in the front stone tray, so installing was simple.
I simply added screws to the 2 pilot holes and then installed self tapping metal screws into all the other mounting points on the spoiler.

I then went for a bit of a spin to take some pictures.







For the remainder of the day, I reassembled the new (old) callipers to enable them to be sand blasted. 
I then installed the new bearing seats into the new front disk assemblies ready for install.
Next job, sand blast the callipers and front spindles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Engine flooding / running rich issue.

Engine flooding / running rich issue. I have been chasing an intermitant issue with my Motorcraft 4300 (square bore) for a few months now. I...