Sunday 8 August 2021

Tune to Cleveland Radio on the 351 band

 New Exhaust.

As part of the roadworthy tasks, the exhaust system from the factory cast headers to the back of the car needed to be placed.

For this task, I enlisted the help of a old friend Chris as Ferndale Exhausts.

I took the car to Knoxfield and left it with Chris with the instructions to replace the factory single system with a twin system and add XA / XB GT Falcon exhaust tips for good measure.

As I did not want to alter the factory stone tray, I opted for the tips to be set up just below the stone tray.

One day, if I can get a second hand stone tray, I may modify it and make cut outs for the exhaust. For now it looks and more importantly sounds great.

The twin system should help the big 351 to breath a bit better.




While driving to and front Knoxfield I experienced some engine issues where it developed a miss. I suspect that the issue is fuel starvation, so have purchased a carburettor rebuild kit for the factory Motorcraft 2100 series carby. Also, while on the return drive from Knoxfield, the front end developed a familiar squeak. Both jobs are tasks for this weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Engine flooding / running rich issue.

Engine flooding / running rich issue. I have been chasing an intermitant issue with my Motorcraft 4300 (square bore) for a few months now. I...