Saturday 17 April 2021

Engine mount and front sway bar mounts

 Finally engine mount done.

After a week or so of messing around with the right engine mount, I finally got it in.

I first bought a reproduction engine mount and found the bolt holes were different and poorly made. I went back to where I purchased the mount from and had it replaced. 

Today I tried to install the replacement mount.. Still no joy!.. The bolt holes were better but the mount that connects to the body was not right and the holes did not line up. After loosening the saddle on the cross member to see if they would help with no luck, I gave up and went to my local Autobarn and purchased a XY / XA / XB engine mount. This one looked much better.

I returned home and bam.. Installed first go with no issues. Must have been a crappy pressing.

Fortunately, the left engine mount had already been replaced.

While I was under the car, I replaced the front sway bar pivot bolts and bushes. One of the bolts was bent and some of the bushes has started to fail. So thats another job done.

I also made a start on the castor rod bushes. But, as per an earlier update, they are pressed in. I cant get an angle grinder into the tight space, so need to come up with a better idea as to how to cut the lip off the old ones to enable them to come free.




I'm off to the All Ford Day tomorrow in Geelong to check out other Mustangs. So no work on the car tomorrow, unless I come home early..

Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Engine flooding / running rich issue.

Engine flooding / running rich issue. I have been chasing an intermitant issue with my Motorcraft 4300 (square bore) for a few months now. I...